8 DAYS TO GET A KICK START

My last post was on 21st of this month.

Now it has been ten days. The reason for such a long gap in between these two posts is because i went through a depression phase.

One amazing thing that I realized from these 8 days is that my time to recuperate from depression has reduced to a week.

It started last week Thursday when I didn't attend my CAT classes because I had a test that day and I couldn't prepare for it properly even after organizing  a plan for the preparation.. its just that travelling 3 hours a day back and forth between Mumbai and Navi Mumbai is taking its toll on me..


Even when I had an excellent plan for the preparation for the test i couldn't not complete the prep in time..

My CAT classes are having a weird effect on me.. When I joined the classes I was told that my confidence will grow as I learn.. But all that has happened is that even after putting a considerable amount of effort for the CAT preparation, for every test they conduct, my self confidence keeps dropping.. I feel that I cannot keep up with the classes and build the level of knowledge required for CAT..

So as I couldn't complete my prep in time, I didn't attend the test which was the trigger to my depression..

As my depression had started, my speed of learning stuff reduced and I started sleeping more. I had yet another test on Saturday which I could not prepare as I had become sluggish and preferred to sleep.. as Saturday approached I finally decided not to go for the test..

Sunday.. Since all my tests were over and I had no other obstacles.. I thought that taking rest on Sunday will help me come out of the depression and I could go to college on Monday..

But life is cruel.. I got a call from the police station to come for passport verification for the second time in the evening and my mind got all types of thoughts as to why I am being called so many times to do the same thing over and over again..

These thoughts .. put me more into depression..

In the evening when I went for the police verification.. those people called me to get another bribe from me..  all these stupid thoughts that I had for an whole afternoon thinking why they had called me which actually made me waste my afternoon was for nothing...

All the events that took place in my life till Sunday put me in a good state of depression.. I was literally fed up with my life..

This is actually something bad that happened in my life which taught me something good in return.. for the next four days from Monday .. I thought a lot about my life.. all my victories and failures and my failures exceed my victories..

This actually boosted me to a mind set full of confidence and ready to achieve even more.. because surprisingly for the first time in my life.. I saw the half cup full side..

The four days that I spent thinking helped me to think with a calm mind and come to a positive conclusion rather than doing something impulsive..


See, the whole point of me sharing this is that.. I wish to teach you something..

when you have a problem .. don't rush into any decisions.. take an hour or two and think about all your options .. do this alone in a calm environment.. if you think you need an expert help.. first do your analysis and then take the problem to an expert..

but finally everything boils down to you.. if you can see the half cup full side.. you are GOLDEN..

Comments